About Child Dedication
We are so pleased that you are taking this first step in your wonderful journey with your child!
Children are a gift from God. Psalm 127:3 proclaims that "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him." As believers we are called to recognize that children belong first and foremost to God. Parents not only have the awesome responsibility of caring for this gift, but also the wonderful privilege of enjoying the gift. Because children belong to God and are given by grace as gifts to parents, it is only proper and appropriate that children be dedicated back to God.
As your church family, we are pleased to partner with you in this journey. Our goal is to equip and pray for you, as well as teach and model Christ to your child. As this is an important step in your commitment to oversee your child’s spiritual development, Two Rivers Church requests that both parents participate in the Baby Dedication Class.
In order to participate in a baby dedication ceremony, several steps are required:
- Fill out the baby dedication information sheet; The .pdf is located at the bottom of this page. These sheets are due 2 weeks prior to the date of the dedication.
- Attend one of the upcoming baby dedication classes prior to your chosen dedication date.
- 2013 Dedication Dates: March 16 &17, July 20 & 21, October 19 & 20
- 2013 Class Dates: March 3, July 7, October 6 (class must be attended)
- Classes are held during the 2nd service in the Fireside Room
- If you have any questions or would like to sign-up for an upcoming class or dedication, please contact: NaCole Monger at 777-2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the form here